Specialist hip & knee Surgeon
Dr. Julian YuBMed FRACS FAOrthA Robotic Hip & Knee Surgeon Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
The Mater Private Hospital, The Northern Beaches Hospital (Opening Late 2018) and Mona Vale Hospital.
Dr Julian Yu is a Modern and Highly Respected Australian Trained Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who Specialises in Disorders of the Hip & Knee.
Dr Yu performs robotic hip and knee replacement surgery as well as arthroscopy surgery of the knee.
He utilises the latest technological advances and employs modern proven effective surgical techniques to treat his patients.
This includes Minimally Invasive Muscle Sparing Techniques for Hip Replacement Surgery, such as the Direct Superior Approach (DSA) and Direct Anterior Approach (DAA) to the hip.
Dr Yu is currently one of the early adapters of the technologically advanced Robotic Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery and is able to offer this technology to suitable patients.
Dr Yu also performs the latest surgical techniques in arthroscopic knee surgery including muscle preserving and minimally invasive ACL reconstruction surgery.
Having graduated from Medicine at the University of Newcastle in 2006, Dr Yu completed his orthopaedic training in Sydney. As the youngest in his year, Dr Yu further undertook 2 years of subspecialised training in hip and knee surgery in Edinburgh, UK, Lyon, France and Sydney.
Dr Yu currently practices in the Northern Beaches, Lower North Shore and the CBD and has appointments at The Mater Private Hospital, the Northern Beaches Hospital (opening Late 2018) and Mona Vale Hospital.
Dr Yu is bi-lingual and has a strong command of the Chinese (Mandarin) language.
- Bachelor of Medicine (University of Newcastle - 2006)
- FRACS (Fellowship of the Australian College of Surgeons – 2014)
- FA(Orth)A (Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association - 2014)
- Clinical and Research Hip & Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship - Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh / Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK – 2014
- ARTROS International Hip & Knee Fellowship - Centre Orthopaedic Santy, Lyon – 2015
- Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (RCS)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ASOS)
- International Society for Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (International Member) - (AAOS)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Warringah District Medical Association (WDMA)
- The Mater Private Hospital - VMO (Visiting Medical Officer) - 25 Rocklands Rd, North Sydney, NSW, 2060
- The Northern Beaches Hospital - VMO (Visiting Medical Officer) - Warringah Rd, Frenchs Forest, NSW, 2086
- North Shore Private Hospital – VMO (Visiting Medical Officer) – St Leonards, NSW, 2067
- Mona Vale Hospital (Public) - VMO (Visiting Medical Officer) - 18 Coronation St, Mona Vale, NSW, 2103
The future of orthopaedic surgery is technology. Dr Julian Yu performed surgery with the latest technological advances including Robotic Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery.
As a leader in technology driven orthopaedic surgery, Dr Yu performs:
- Robotic Hip Replacement Surgery
- Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery
- Revision Hip (Redo) Replacement Surgery
- Revision Knee (Redo) Replacement Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacements
- Patellofemoral Stabilisation Surgery
- Arthroscopic (Keyhole) Knee Surgery
- Sports Knee Injuries Surgery
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction Surgery
- MCL and PCL Reconstruction Surgery
- Trauma Surgery of All Extremities
He has a keen interest in rugby, cricket and basketball as well as keeping fit at the gym.